Top Cosplayers Vie for Otacool 2 Cover Spots

No one was surprised to see Filipina cosplay princess Alodia Gosiengfiao apply for inclusion on the cover of Otacool 2: Worldwide Cosplayers. What did surprise me, however, were applications from two other very famous cosplayers.Click here to continue reading "Top Cosplayers Vie for Otacool 2 Cover Spots"...

Top Cosplayers Vie for Otacool 2 Cover Spots

Like This Post:

Post to Twitter Tweet This Post
Post to Facebook Share on Facebook
Post to StumbleUpon Stumble This Post
Post to Reddit Post to Reddit

Comments

26 Comments (with 5 Conversations) on “Top Cosplayers Vie for Otacool 2 Cover Spots”
  1. Bluzone says:

Alodia + Francesca + Yaya Han = Hotness x 3!
    Nice post Sir!

2. alain camasura says:

ALODIA FOR THE WIN!
    show ’em who’s boss!

3. heyjude says:

congratulations to all of them. really, really fantastic cosplayers.

btw, i dont think yaya han is of chinese ancestry. probably vietnamese. but i suppose we have to verify further before any conclusions.

4. Yaya Han says:

Mike, I have no idea what you are talking about.

No one is competing for the cover. We are just submitting because we love cosplay and this seems like a great book to be a part of because it allows cosplayers from all over the world to submit.

I am really disappointed at how you’re turning this into some sort of competition news when none of us, Alodia, Francesca, or I, submitted for that reason.

I’m having issues getting my photos saved so I don’t even know if my submission will go through.

Please remove me from this article, or edit the content so it will be truthful.

Yaya Han

• Mike Abundo says:

Thanks for dropping by, Yaya! I appreciate that you submitted your pictures out of love for your art, and not out of competitive spirit.

As pure and noble as your intentions are in submitting your photos, the fact remains that only twenty-four cosplayers will be chosen for the cover. Many have submitted, but only a handful will make it. From a purely objective standpoint, limited eligibility (twenty-four slots) for a scarce resource (the cover) is the very definition of competition.

To make sure my readers know that you didn’t submit your pictures out of competitive spirit, I’m updating the post to include the salient part of your comment at the very top of the article. I’m very much looking forward to seeing you and twenty-three other wonderful cosplayers grace the cover of Otacool 2. 🙂

5. Mike Abundo says:

In a recent interview, Alodia emphatically stated that Filipino cosplayers can go toe-to-toe with international cosplayers. Otacool 2 is proving her right. 8)

• Alodia says:

Hello Mike!

I just would like to say that I agree with Yaya Han. 🙂 We’ve submitted entries only for fun and the love of cosplaying. We don’t really mean to compete or go head-to-head with other cosplayers all over the world.

About the interview, yes, we mentioned that fellow Filipino cosplayers are also great but it wasn’t used in the context of just merely competing over others. We just meant that we have really great and talented people in our country. This shouldn’t create tension within the community because I don’t mean it to be harmful in any way. Just words of encouragement to fellow kababayans. 🙂

The are a lot of great cosplayers coming from all corners of the world and I only hope that we would all have a harmonious relationship with each other. 🙂

Thanks,